On Saturday, my baby will turn 1. ONE. How is that even possible? She is the sweetest, chubbiest, funniest baby ever!
Brinn shares a birthday with her “twin” cousin, Sawyer. So of course we have to celebrate these two peanuts together at their First Fiesta on Saturday with family.
I pulled out quite a few of my trusties this meal plan. I’m also excited to try some new recipes from Six Sisters’ Stuff. I’ve tried some recipes before and we really liked them.
Monday – Sausage Bean Burritos from my Mom!
Ingredients: 1-2 cups cooked rice (more will stretch the meal further) lb pork sausage,½ cup green pepper, chopped, ½ cup onion, chopped, can black beans, rinsed, 1 ½ cups salsa, Tortilla shells, Shredded cheese
- Prepare 1-2 cups of rice according to package directions.
- Brown sausage with onion and green pepper.
- Add black beans, salsa and rice and stir until blended. Heat through.
- Serve in tortilla shells topped with shredded cheese.
Tuesday – Thai Beef Stir-fry (that we didn’t get to last week!)
Ingredients: 8 oz rice noodles, 1 package frozen stir-fry vegetables, 3 tablespoons cooking oil, 16 oz beef (I’m using vension) stir-fry strips, ¾ cup bottled Thai peanut stir-fry sauce.
- Prepare noodles according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook vegetables in 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain, transfer to a bowl.
- In the skillet cook and stir beef strips in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Return vegetables to skillet; add sauce. Stir to combine; heat through. Serve over noodles.
Wednesday – Meatloaf, au gratin potatoes, and veggies
Ingredients: 1 lb ground venison (or beef), 1 egg, ¼ cup onion diced, 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ bread crumbs, salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. Work breadcrumbs in with your fingers. Add more bread crumbs for desired texture.
- Transfer mixture to a greased meatloaf (Bread) pan and cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Thursday – Easy Biscuit Pot Pie from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Friday – Baked Ziti from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Saturday – Tacos for Brinn & Sawyer’s First Fiesta
Sunday – French Toast, sausage links and fruit
Monday – Cheeseburger Macaroni from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Tuesday – Baked chicken, sweet potatoes & veggies
Wednesday – Sausage & Sauerkraut w/ mashed potatoes and veggies
Thursday – Five Bean Soup from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Friday – Taco Salad Casserole from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Saturday – Wendt Family Easter & bringing Green bean casserole
Sunday – Rookus Family Easter & bringing Spinach & Strawberry Salad
Happy meal planning!
Check out other meal plans here: