I’m playing catch up posting meal plans for the month, so that I can be on track starting Monday!
This two week plan is a combination of comfort food, quick meals, and tasty options. I’m all about quick and easy meals. The tortilla pie and stroganoff are two of those quickies! Both of them were big hits will the kiddos too.
Look at her shoveling it in!
Monday – Tacos, chips & guacamole
Ingredients: 1lb ground beef (I use venison), ½ cup onion diced, taco seasoning, 2 avocados, tortilla chips
- Brown the ground beef and onion until cooked through. Drain off excess liquid and mix taco seasoning according to instructions. Or make your own taco seasoning using this recipe.
- Mix seasoning into beef w/ water and let simmer until ready to serve.
Tuesday – Easy Chicken Fried Rice from Recipe Knead
Wednesday – Slow Cooker Turkey Chili from Tamera Mowry
Thursday – Chicken Lettuce Wraps from The Kitchn (I skipped the ginger, green onions and added shredded carrots)
Friday – Out for Pizza
Saturday – Winter Retreat – eat at Camp
Sunday – Pancakes, bacon, fruit salad
Monday – Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff
Ingredients: 1 lb venison (could use beef) steak cut into stew chunks, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 onion quartered, 1 package onion soup mix, ½ cup milk, ½ water, 1 package egg noodles, 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Dump all ingredients except noodles into crockpot and mix until combined.
- Cook 2 ½ hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- 20 minutes before ready to eat, cook noodles according to package. If you want, add frozen peas to boiling noodle water for the last 5 minutes of boiling time.
- Drain noodles & peas and dump in crockpot. Combine and serve.
Tuesday – Tortilla Pie
Ingredients: 4 burrito sized tortilla shells, 1 can corn, 1 can black beans rinsed & drained, 1 ½ cups salsa, 1 tsp cumin, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook corn & black beans for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cumin, add salsa and stir. Remove from heat.
- On a cookie sheet, lay 1 tortilla shell. Scoop 1 cup of mixture and flatten on shell. Sprinkle ½ cheese over mixture.
- Layer another tortilla on top of cheese. Add 1 cup mixture, sprinkle w/ cheese.
- Repeat one more time and top with the last tortilla shell. Sprinkle cheese on top of last shell.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes until top is golden brown.
Wednesday – Stew & Cornbread from Iowa Girl Eats (I didn’t use gluten free ingredients)
Thursday – Chicken Enchiladas from Melinda Besinaiz
Friday – Leftovers
Saturday – Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Sunday – Kids eat free at our local Mexican Restaurant!
Happy meal planning!