Can we just eat eggs for dinner every night? I love eggs. I love my chickens that lay my eggs. Maybe that’s why eggs have become one of my favorite things to eat. There’s nothing more cheerful in my opinion than my egg basket holding pretty eggs on my counter!
But I live with my husband. The hater of eggs. He will eat a courtesy fried egg w/ toast every morning because I make it for him, but eggs for dinner – no way. So until I can persuade him, it’s not eggs for dinner…here’s what we’re eating the next couple of weeks.
Sunday – Pork chops from Better Homes and Gardens + baked beans + coleslaw
Monday – Chicken Enchiladas from Melinda
Tuesday – Spicy Shrimp Penne from Taste of Home
Wednesday – Steaks, sweet potatoes + steamable veggies
Is it normal to grill in Michigan in January?! Our sweet friends gifted us a box of steaks + meat from the Omaha steak company after our miscarriage, and it’s been a blessing to pull those out for easy meals.
Thursday – Cheesy Chicken Rice + Broccoli from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Friday – Frozen Pizza
Saturday – Kitchen’s Close – Winter Retreat
Sunday – Meatloaf + veggies + mashed potatoes
Ingredients: 1 lb ground venison (or beef), 1 egg, ¼ cup onion diced, 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ bread crumbs, salt & pepper to taste, ketchup, mustard, 2 TBL brown sugar
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. Work breadcrumbs in with your fingers. Add more bread crumbs for desired texture.
- Transfer mixture to a greased meatloaf (Bread) pan.
- Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar together in a bowl and spread on top of meatloaf.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Monday – Easy chicken pot pie from Six Sisters Stuff
(I skipped step one and used a bag of steamable mixed veggies instead! You guys it was so quick and easy, just popped them in the microwave while I sautéed some onion and oil and caught back up with step 2!)
Tuesday – Venison Stir Fry
Ingredients: 1/3 cup water, 3 TBL soy sauce, 1 TBL corn starch, 1 tsp sugar, 1 lb beef or chicken (I used venison) – sliced very thin, bag of frozen stir-fry veggies thawed, three cups cooked brown rice.
- Cook Rice according to instructions
- Mix first 4 ingredients. Stir well. Set aside.
- In wok over high heat warm 1 TBL oil. Add meat & ½ tsp minced garlic. Stir-fry until browned. Pour in a bowl and set aside.
- Add veggies to the pan with 2 TBL water and stir-fry a few minutes. Pour into another bowl.
- Put meat back in the pan and reheat. Stir in sauce till thick. Re-add veggies and stir well.
- Serve over brown rice
Wednesday – Lasagna + garlic bread + salad
Giving the frozen lasagna from Aldi a try!
Thursday – Sloppy Joes + veggies + humus
Friday – Kitchen’s Closed
Saturday – Chicken Tortilla Soup
Ingredients: 2 cups chicken broth, 1 can cream of chicken, 2 TBL taco seasoning, 1 can diced tomatoes w/ chiles (do not drain), 1 can black beans (rinsed + drained), 1 can corn (drained), 2 large frozen chicken breasts
- Combine broth, cream of chicken, taco seasoning in crockpot and whisk together until blended.
- Dump in remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4. Remove chicken to shred, then put back in pot.
Did anyone try a new recipe from the last meal plan? Let me know what you’ve tried and if you liked it!