Friday we celebrated Reese’s 3rd birthday!! Complete with spending the morning at the children’s museum with cousins + friends and a rainbow dinner party with grandparents. We are so thankful for this sweet + spunky girl – she adds so much love to our family.
This week I’m excited to give a few new recipes a try. Any new recipe I decide to give a chance has to be simple and quick. These are just that! Take a few minutes today and put together a meal plan for you and your family for the week. It takes some planning ahead of time, but will make your week easier for you. Don’t over think it! If you need some help check out this previous post.
Sunday – Pizza Take-Out
Monday – Venison Roast, potatoes + carrots
Ingredients: 2-3 lb pot roast, 6 redskin potatoes, quartered, 1 large onion, quartered, 2-3 cups baby carrots, 1 envelope onion soup mix, 3 garlic cloves, whole, ½-1 cup water
- Place garlic, onion, potatoes & carrots in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour water in pot until potatoes are covered.
- Sprinkle ½ of the onion soup mix over the potatoes and carrots.
- Lay the pot roast on top of potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over the top.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- When finished, remove meat and veggies from crockpot and place on platter.
- Turn crockpot to high and heat liquid to high temp. Add corn starch to thicken for gravy.
Tuesday – Baked Creamy Cheesy Chicken Flautas + guacamole from Jo Cooks
Wednesday – Orange Chicken, Brown Rice + Broccoli from Listotic
Thursday – Salmon rice + Asparagus from Garnish and Glaze
Friday – Pork Carnitas from Six Sisters Stuff
Saturday – White Chicken Chili from my friend Melanie
2 cans Northern Beans, 2 frozen chicken breasts, 1 jar salsa (choose your temp), 1 cup frozen corn (1 can works also), 1 cup onion, chopped, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp chili powder, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Dump all the ingredients in a crockpot (except cheese).
- Cook on low, 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Serve with cheese if desired.
Sunday – Steak & Onions, sweet potatoes & steamed veggies
Monday – Honey Garlic Chicken & Veggies from Dessert Now Dinner Later
Tuesday – Tortilla Pie
Ingredients: 4 burrito sized tortilla shells, 1 can corn, 1 can black beans rinsed & drained, 1 ½ cups salsa, 1 tsp cumin, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook corn & black beans for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cumin, add salsa and stir. Remove from heat.
- On a cookie sheet, lay 1 tortilla shell. Scoop 1 cup of mixture and flatten on shell. Sprinkle ½ cheese over mixture.
- Layer another tortilla on top of cheese. Add 1 cup mixture, sprinkle w/ cheese.
*you can use whole wheat tortillas. I use fajita size shells and fit two whole pies on one cookie sheet. This way we have leftovers!*
Wednesday – Cranberry Pineapple Ham, Potatoes & Green beans from Taste of Home
Thursday – Venison Stroganoff, Apple Sauce
Ingredients: 1 lb venison (could use beef) steak cut into stew chunks, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 onion quartered, 1 package onion soup mix, ½ cup milk, ½ water, 1 package egg noodles, 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Dump all ingredients except noodles into crockpot and mix until combined.
- Cook 2 ½ hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- 20 minutes before ready to eat, cook noodles according to package. If you want, add frozen peas to boiling noodle water for the last 5 minutes of boiling time.
- Drain noodles & peas and dump in crockpot. Combine and serve.
Friday – BBQ Pulled Pork & Slaw Sliders
Saturday – Kitchen’s Closed
Happy Meal Planning.
Check out other meal plans!