One of the best things about beginning a new year is getting a new planner! Beginning last year I found a basic monthly planner from the dollar bins at Target to use as my meal planning calendar! I’m happy to report, that is the best system I’ve used to date and I’m repeating it in 2017. I’m sad to report, Target did not come through with the dollar bin calendar this year, and I splurged on this $7 one, but what are you going to do 😉
I’m excited to try a new chicken Parmesan recipe this week, and I’m really looking forward to Sunday Brunch with our friends this coming weekend. Both dishes I’m making for brunch can be made the night before, and when we get home from church I can just pop them in the oven. Instead of messing in the kitchen, I can enjoy our company!
Here’s what we’re eating the next two weeks: Couldn’t start the week with anything other than tacos when this cute thing wouldn’t take off the sombrero!
Sunday – Tacos + chips & guacamole + applesauce
Ingredients: 1lb ground beef (I use venison), ½ cup onion diced, taco seasoning, 2 avocados, tortilla chips
- Brown the ground beef and onion until cooked through. Drain off excess liquid and mix taco seasoning according to instructions. Or make your own taco seasoning using this recipe.
- Mix seasoning into beef w/ water and let simmer until ready to serve.
Monday – Meatloaf, au gratin potatoes, steamable veggies
Ingredients: 1 lb ground venison (or beef), 1 egg, ¼ cup onion diced, 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ bread crumbs, salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. Work breadcrumbs in with your fingers. Add more bread crumbs for desired texture.
- Transfer mixture to a greased meatloaf (Bread) pan and cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Tuesday – Crockpot Chicken Alfredo from Life Should Cost Less
I followed the recipe, but added 1 ½ cups of frozen peas to the crockpot the last 15 minutes!
Wednesday – Pork chops, sweet potatoes, steamable veggies
Thursday – Baked Chicken, sweet potatoes, steamable veggies
Friday – Homemade Pizza + salad
Saturday – Grilled cheese + tomato soup + raw veggies
Both of these recipes can be made the night before!
Monday – Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes, steamable veggies
I buy the frozen Salisbury steak from Aldi.
Tuesday – Sausage Bean Burritos + apple sauce
Ingredients: 1-2 cups cooked rice (I use brown rice, more will stretch the meal further)1 lb pork sausage,½ cup green pepper, chopped, ½ cup onion, chopped, 1 can black beans, rinsed, 1 ½ cups salsa, Tortilla shells, Shredded cheese
- Prepare 1-2 cups of rice according to package directions.
- Brown sausage with onion and green pepper.
- Add black beans, salsa and rice and stir until blended. Heat through.
- Serve in tortilla shells topped with shredded cheese.
Wednesday – Chicken Parmesan Casserole from Thriving Home Blog
This is a good freezer meal option that I’ll have to keep in the back of my mind!
Thursday – Oriental Stir-fry + brown rice + apple sauce
Ingredients: 1 bag frozen oriental stir fry veggies (I buy mine from Aldi), 1-2 lbs meat (chicken, venison, or beef), brown rice
- Prepare brown rice according to package instructions
- Brown meat, set aside.
- Stir fry frozen veggies (follow instructions on the bag)
- Add sauce and meat to the veggies and cook until warm.
- Serve over brown rice
Friday – Reese’s Birthday!! Mini Chicken Pot Pies from Easy Toddler Meals
Someone created this recipe for toddlers, but even my husband loves them! Fun twist on pot pies for Reese’s birthday!
Saturday – Kitchen’s Closed – we have a wedding to attend!
Hope you all have a great start to your new year.
Happy meal planning!