Hello February, you came fast! January is notorious for draaaaaging on, but not this year. It. Flew. By.
My favorite recipe from this plan is Sausage Bean burritos! It makes SO much and the best part…leftovers. It tastes even better the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th day 🙂 My girls also LOVE this meal. Win – Win!
Monday – Sausage Bean Burritos from my Mom!
Ingredients: 1-2 cups cooked rice (more will stretch the meal further) lb pork sausage,½ cup green pepper, chopped, ½ cup onion, chopped, can black beans, rinsed, 1 ½ cups salsa, Tortilla shells, Shredded cheese
- Prepare 1-2 cups of rice according to package directions.
- Brown sausage with onion and green pepper.
- Add black beans, salsa and rice and stir until blended. Heat through.
- Serve in tortilla shells topped with shredded cheese.
Tuesday – Pineapple Cranberry Ham from Taste of Home
Wednesday – Goolash
Ingredients: 1 lb hamburger, 1 ½ cups dry macaroni, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can diced tomatoes w/ chiles, 1 can corn, 1 can mushrooms, ½ cup diced onion.
- Brown hamburger with onion. Drain.
- Boil noodles according to package. Drain. Add noodles to the burger.
- Then add remaining ingredients. Salt & pepper to taste.
Thursday – White Chicken Chili from my friend Melanie
2 cans Northern Beans, 2 frozen chicken breasts, 1 jar salsa (choose your temp), 1 cup frozen corn (1 can works also), 1 cup onion, chopped, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp chili powder, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Dump all the ingredients in a crockpot (except cheese).
- Cook on low, 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Serve with cheese if desired.
Friday – Order Pizza
Saturday – Winter Retreat – eat at camp
Sunday – French toast, bacon, fruit salad
Monday – Crockpot Whole Chicken from 100 Days of Real Food served with mashed potatoes & veggies
Tuesday – Slow cooker Beef & Cheese Pasta from The Cooking Jar
Wednesday – Easy Chicken Pot Pie (from my Aunt Beth) using left over chicken from Monday night’s whole chicken!
Ingredients: 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup milk, 3 cups cooked chicken, 10 oz mixed vegetables, 1 box stove top stuffing.
- Mix first 4 ingredients and place into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Make stove top stuffing according to package and spoon over top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Thursday – leftovers
Friday – Stromboli & Salad from my Aunt Carolyn
Ingredients: 9oz water, 3 tablespoons oil, 3 ¾ cups flour, 3 teaspoons yeast, Tomato sauce, Shredded mozzarella, Pizza toppings you prefer (veggies, sausage, pepperoni, etc)
- Combine first 4 ingredients, knead, cover and let rise.
- Roll dough out into a large rectangle (size of a cookie sheet)
- Spread sauce and toppings in middle 1/3 of dough.
- Fold over 1/3 and cover with sauce and toppings.
- Fold over last 1/3 and seal edges.
- Transfer to cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Saturday – Kitchen Closed 😉
Sunday – Crockpot Roast, Potatoes & Carrots
Ingredients: 2-3 lb pot roast, 6 redskin potatoes, quartered, 1 large onion, quartered, 2-3 cups baby carrots, 1 envelope onion soup mix, 3 garlic cloves, whole, ½-1 cup water
- Place garlic, onion, potatoes & carrots in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour water in pot until potatoes are covered.
- Sprinkle ½ of the onion soup mix over the potatoes and carrots.
- Lay the pot roast on top of potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over the top.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- When finished, remove meat and veggies from crockpot and place on platter.
- Turn crockpot to high and heat liquid to high temp. Add corn starch to thicken for gravy.
What recipe are you excited to try?
Happy meal planning!