If you popped in our home for dinner during the week you might notice we aren’t eating what I have on our meal plan. Most nights we do, but one of the benefits of meal planning is having options. If something doesn’t sound great, or we want to change it up, we have the flexibility to do that because we have the ingredients on hand.
It feels good to have our meal plan for the next two weeks. I’m sure my hubby will be happy to see we’re not having eggs Monday – Wednesday this week like two weeks ago 😉
Sunday – Pot Pie made by our dear friend Lisa!
Monday – Taco Salad + chips + quac
Tuesday – Meatloaf + Broccoli + Sweet potatoes
Ingredients: 1 lb ground venison (or beef), 1 egg, ¼ cup onion diced, 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ bread crumbs, salt & pepper to taste, ketchup, mustard, 2 TBL brown sugar
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. Work breadcrumbs in with your fingers. Add more bread crumbs for desired texture.
- Transfer mixture to a greased meatloaf (Bread) pan.
- Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar together in a bowl and spread on top of meatloaf.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Wednesday – BBQ Grilled Chicken + Veggies + Sweet potatoes
Thursday – Oriental Chicken Stir-fry + brown rice + apple sauce
Ingredients: 1 bag frozen oriental stir fry veggies (I buy mine from Aldi), 1-2 lbs meat (chicken, venison, or beef), brown rice
- Prepare brown rice according to package instructions
- Brown meat, set aside.
- Stir fry frozen veggies (follow instructions on the bag)
- Add sauce and meat to the veggies and cook until warm.
- Serve over brown rice
Friday – Homemade Pizza + Salad
Saturday – Eating at Camp
Sunday – Cranberry Ham from Taste of Home + Mashed potatoes + green beans
Monday – Crispy Chicken + Pasta Salad
Tuesday – Sausage Bean Burritos + Applesauce
Ingredients: 1-2 cups cooked rice (I use brown rice, more will stretch the meal further)1 lb pork sausage,½ cup green pepper, chopped, ½ cup onion, chopped, 1 can black beans, rinsed, 1 ½ cups salsa, Tortilla shells, Shredded cheese
- Prepare 1-2 cups of rice according to package directions.
- Brown sausage with onion and green pepper.
- Add black beans, salsa and rice and stir until blended. Heat through.
- Serve in tortilla shells topped with shredded cheese.
- Or serve in a bowl topped with avocado and sour cream
Wednesday – Chicken Enchiladas from Melinda’s blog
Thursday – Cheeseburgers + Beans + Sweet Potato fries
Friday – Leftovers or Pancakes & Eggs
Saturday – Order Pizza
Happy meal planning!
Find more meal plans here: