By default I penciled in hearty, winter comfort foods for the next couple of weeks. I’m hoping the weather keeps warming and we make the transition to grilling…all.the.time very soon. This meal plan consists of a few recipes I snagged from friends who shared their families liked them, so I’m sure my family will too. They’re not picky, so I mix it up on them often.
My slow cooker is getting it’s workout the next couple of weeks. Those things are amazing. Here’s what we’re eating the next two weeks.
Sunday – Chicken Quesadillas + black bean & corn salad
Monday – Parmesan Chicken Roll-Ups from Written Reality + green beans + fruit salad
Tuesday – Chicken Fried Rice from a Pinch of Healthy + applesauce
Wednesday – Southwest Chicken Salad
Ingredients: grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, tortilla strips, shredded cheddar, ranch + BBQ.
- Chop up lettuce and top with black beans, corn, tortilla strips, chicken and cheese.
- Mix together ranch and BBQ sauce and use as dressing
- To make this really quick, use a bag of pre-grilled chicken breast strips.
Thursday – Grilled cheese + tomato soup + salad
Friday – Kitchen’s Closed 🙂
Saturday – Chicken & Veggie Kabobs + parmesan noodles
I love to marinate our peppers, onions and chicken in balsamic vinaigrette for a few hours before grilling.
Sunday – Brunch: Scrambled eggs + sausage + baked oatmeal
Monday – No Fuss Chicken Dinner from Farm Wife Cooks + homemade bread
Tuesday – Venison Stroganoff + peas + rolls
Ingredients: 1 lb venison (could use beef) steak cut into stew chunks, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 onion quartered, 1 package onion soup mix, ½ cup milk, ½ water, 1 package egg noodles, 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Dump all ingredients except noodles into crockpot and mix until combined.
- Cook 2 ½ hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- 20 minutes before ready to eat, cook noodles according to package. If you want, add frozen peas to boiling noodle water for the last 5 minutes of boiling time.
- Drain noodles & peas and dump in crockpot. Combine and serve.
Wednesday – Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake from Tasty Kitchen
Thursday – Crockpot Smothered Pork chops from The Country Cook + mashed potatoes + broccoli
Friday – Hot Dogs + Brats + baked beans + veggies & humus
Saturday – Wendt Family Easter – bringing green bean casserole! I’m going to try this recipe from Life in the Lofthouse and make the homemade sauce!
Hope you find a dish your family loves. Happy meal planning!